What do I need to register a limited company?
To register a limited company in Kenya, you must provide the following information and documents;
- 3 proposed company names from which one will be chosen if available.
- Full names and occupations of all the directors.
- The amount of shares allocated to each director.
- Postal Address for each of the directors.
- Physical address of the company offices.
Each company Director also needs to prove their identity by providing the following;
- A copy of either national ID card or passport.
- A copy of KRA PIN certificate.
- A clear passport photo.
How long will it take to get my certificate of incorporation?
After submitting the company names you prefer, it will take 7 working days to get your certificate after completing your payment.
1 day to complete the name search process.
1 day to draft memorandum and articles of association.
5 working days to register the company.
How do I make the necessary payment in order for registration to start?
To make it easy for everyone, we provide our clients with two methods of paying both of which are free.
- Bring the payment to our offices – The first option is if you are around Nairobi, you can visit our offices which are located in Westlands and you will be issued with an official receipt.
- Pay via M-PESA – If you can’t find time to visit our offices, you can pay through our lipa na M-PESA paybill number by following these easy steps. Go to M-pesa option on your Safaricom cellphone.
Select Lipa Na Mpesa then Buy Goods and services from the M-PESA menu.
Enter the Till Number – 177213
Enter the exact amount of the sale
Enter your M-PESA PIN, confirm details and we will contact you once we get your the confirmation message. You will receive a message that you have made a payment to “Register company Kenya” on your side.
Note that if you encounter any problem, you can always contact us on our office number which is 0703 281 427
How will I get my incorporation certificate?
Once the certificate is printed, it will be sent to a location of your choice using the fastest means possible at no extra cost.
How many directors are required to form a private limited company?
To register a private limited company in Kenya, you require a minimum of two directors.